To post employment opportunities for your fire department or organization, the fee is $95. In order to keep listings current, your job posting is active for up to 90 days or until your application deadline. You can pay with PayPal or your credit card. To send job posting information, please email Ed Davis at email@example.com or call (972) 814-6766.
Lateral Firefighter – City of Fremont, CA
Firefighter/EMT Salary Range: $91,386 – $111,068 + 2.5% EMT Premium Pay
Firefighter/Paramedic Salary Range: $91,386 – $111,068 + Paramedic Premium Pay equal to 10% of top step Firefighter
Application Deadline: July 29, 2019 at 12:00 noon
The City of Fremont is excited to announce it will begin recruitment for Lateral Firefighter EMTs and Paramedics on July 8, 2019. Visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fremontca to learn more and apply online for the Lateral Firefighter recruitment process when it opens.
To be considered as a Lateral Firefighter, candidates must currently be employed, with no breaks, and have passed probation with two or more years of paid firefighter experience in an agency of similar size and/or complexity as the Fremont Fire Department, as defined by the Fire Chief.
Firefighter – EMT Salary Range: $91,386 – $111,068 + 2.5% EMT Premium Pay
Firefighter – Paramedic Salary Range: $91,386 – $111,068 + paramedic premium pay equal to 10% of top step Firefighter (once assigned by the Fire Chief to perform the full range of Paramedic duties). Firefighter experience will be used to determine salary step placement.
Lateral Firefighter Position highlights:
- 1-yr probationary period from date of hire for laterals
- $2,180/month 2019 health benefit allowance
- Paid Lateral Fire Academy (approximately 5 weeks)
- 48/96 work schedule after completion of the Academy
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Educational Incentive Pay, Specialist Pay, Acting Pay, Longevity Pay and opportunities for overtime pay, depending on qualifications
- Paid vacation starts at 158 hours/year, 295 hours/year maximum 144 hours/year of holiday pay
- Exceptional CA State retirement plan (CalPERS)
- Annual uniform allowance of $700
What you will need to apply (incomplete application packets will not advance in the recruitment process):
- A completed City of Fremont application (to submit online go to www.fremont.gov/cityjobs once the position opens on July 8, 2019)
- A resume
- Placement on the Firefighter Candidate Testing Center (FCTC) Statewide Eligibility List
- Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card issued within 6 months of the final filing date (i.e., issued between 1/30/19 and 7/29/19) www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/
- Written test score from FCTC Firefighter Exam taken between 7/30/18 and 7/29/19 www.fctconline.org/
EMT CANDIDATES: In addition to the above, lateral EMT candidates will need copies of the following valid certifications:
- National Registry EMT Certificate, California EMT Certificate, or equivalent as defined by the Fire Chief
- CPR Certificate
PARAMEDIC CANDIDATES: Lateral Paramedic candidates will need copies of the following valid certifications:
- California or National Registry Paramedic License or equivalent as defined by the Fire Chief
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification or Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification or Pediatric Education for Prehospital Personnel (PEPP)
- Certification or Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or Assessment and Treatment of Trauma (ATT)
START PREPARING TODAY! If you don’t have a current FCTC test score or CPAT, schedule your tests today! (A Written Test Study Guide is available on the FCTC website: www.fctconline.org)
Find out more about the City of Fremont’s Fire Department: www.fremont.gov/fire
Selection process will include a written exam, physical fitness exam, interview, comprehensive background and fingerprint check, medical and psychological exam. Only those candidates who have the best combination of qualifications in relation to the requirements and duties of the position will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate or continue in the process.
THE CITY OF FREMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise the Human Resources Office of any special needs at least 5 days in advance of any examination by calling 510-494-4660. The information contained herein is subject to change and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
Firefighter/EMT & Paramedic – Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue, OR
Entry Salary: $4,927 per month; full-time
Application Deadline: June 19, 2019
Online Application: www.tvfr.com
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue (TVF&R) is recruiting entry-level firefighters for our Spring 2020 Academy.
- Possess an Oregon EMT or Paramedic license by date of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-high school education and/or previous experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Take the FireTEAM test administered by the National Testing Network and send your score to us via their website: www.nationaltestingnetwork.com.
- Complete and pass the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) dated December 19, 2018 or later.
WHY CHOOSE US
Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue is Oregon’s largest fire district located in the beautiful Portland Metropolitan area. Our service area includes most of Washington County and parts of Multnomah, Yamhill, and Clackamas Counties. TVF&R is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve in order to deliver safe and professional service to our citizens.
Fire Chief – City of Tucson, AZ
Application Deadline: June 24, 2019
The City of Tucson is seeking an accomplished professional to serve as the next Fire Chief. The Fire Chief is an executive level position that reports to the City Manager and will work closely with his leadership team as well as other key regional stakeholders. The Fire Department’s FY 2019 approved operations budget is $97,276,900 and Capital Projects of $22,564,700. From 22 fire stations, the Department’s 632 uniformed and 49 non-sworn personnel protect life, property, and the environment through their direct involvement in fire prevention, firefighting, emergency medical care, technical rescue, hazardous materials mitigation, disaster response, public education, and community service. The Department provides a full range of life safety services and operates 22 Engine Companies, 6 Ladder Companies, 1 Quint Company, 17 Paramedic Transport Units, and 5 alternative response Rescue Trucks. The Hazardous Materials Control Team, which is housed at Station 1, and the Technical Rescue Team, housed at Station 4, are comprised of Hazardous Materials and Technical Response Technicians that fill all assigned positions.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible and effective management of firefighting operations in multiple functional areas, e.g., fire codes, fire prevention fire suppression, emergency medical services, disaster preparedness, and emergency management; proven interpersonal and negotiating skills.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary with an excellent executive benefit package that considers the candidate’s salary history and track record of career success.
To be considered, candidates should apply by June 24, 2019. Email compelling cover letter, comprehensive resume, salary history, and six professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential inquiries are welcomed to Robert Burg, Ralph Andersen & Associates, at (916) 630-4900. Detailed brochure available at www.ralphandersen.com.
Assistant Fire Chief – City of Williston, ND
Starting Annual Salary: $114,000 with benefits
Online Application: http://bit.ly/SGRCurrentSearches
Application Deadline: Open until filled
About the Position
The role of the Assistant Fire Chief is to assist in planning, directing, and reviewing the activities and operations of the Fire Department including fire suppression, hazardous material mitigation, fire prevention, life safety code compliance, public safety education, emergency medical services, emergency management, and administrative support services. The Assistant Fire Chief assists in coordinating assigned activities with other City departments and outside agencies and provides highly responsible and complex executive level support to the Fire Chief as a member of the Fire Chief’s management team. The Assistant Fire Chief stands in for the Fire Chief in his absence.
The next Assistant Fire Chief should be a professional command level fire officer, with demonstrated experience as a senior command officer in a municipal fire department, who embraces a high level of personal and departmental accountability. The selected candidate should have extensive knowledge in fire suppression, emergency medical services, and emergency management, along with the ability to take the Williston Fire Department to the next level in providing exceptional service to the public. The Assistant Fire Chief reports directly to the Fire Chief.
Compensation & Benefits
The City of Williston offers a competitive starting annual salary of $114,000. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, pension plan, and a generous leave package including vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGRCurrentSearches. For more information on this position contact: Bill Peterson, Senior Vice President Strategic Government Resources, Bill@GovernmentResource.com, 469-450-4442. This position is open until filled. The City of Williston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workforce. Applicants selected as finalists for this position will be subject to a comprehensive background check. Candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-hire medical evaluation and submit to a thorough driving and criminal background investigation.