To post employment opportunities for your fire department or organization, the fee is $95. In order to keep listings current, your job posting is active for up to 90 days or until your application deadline. You can pay with PayPal or your credit card. To send job posting information, please email Ed Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 814-6766.
Deputy Fire Chief, City of Spokane, WA
Salary: $129,205.44-$158,124.23 Annually plus Excellent Benefits
Apply Online: https://my.spokanecity.org/jobs/classified/
Are you an inspiring leader who has a broad and extensive background in fire and emergency medical services, public education and training? Do you want to be part of an organization that enhances quality of life, saves lives, prevents harm and protects property with compassion and integrity in the City of Spokane?
The City of Spokane Fire Department is a progressive and forward-thinking organization. Located in the Eastern Washington, Spokane is the Capital of the Intermountain Northwest and the second largest City in the State. Ideally situated and encompassing 70 square miles, the community offers a tremendous quality of life boasting a diversified economic climate, first-rate medical facilities, outstanding public and private school systems, affordable housing, and an abundance of recreational opportunities.
The Deputy Fire Chief performs responsible command and administrative duties assisting the Chief and Assistant Chief. Please read the job description for more information.
Examples of Work
- Assists in planning, organizing and administering the activities of the department. Supervises major sections within the department.
- Prepares working schedules. Maintains and enforces discipline. Participates in personnel selection, development and promotion; assists with the development of department’s training program. Provides technical assistance and interprets policy matters.
- Assists in establishing the goals and objectives of the department. Organizes the departmental operations to meet these goals and objectives. Evaluates the organizational structure and methods of service delivery. Recommends changes as necessary.
- Performs research and development work in the area of uniform fire reporting systems, physical fitness training, day-to-day operations, safety, and other areas as needs indicate.
- Responds to multi-alarm and other incidents. Assumes command as required. Coordinates with other City agencies at incident scenes.
- Reviews records and reports. Initiates changes and submits reports.
- Assists the Chief and Assistant Chief with a variety of special projects as assigned. Researches data essential for budget preparation.
- Makes presentations to groups and organizations.
- Performs related work as required.
Firefighter – Entry Level – Topeka, KS
The Topeka (KS) Fire Department will hire several firefighters in September 2018 and in January 2019. Registration is now being accepted for the upcoming entry-level firefighter examination to be held March 20, 2018 and June 26, 2018.
Full list of requirements and test registration portal available at www.topeka.org/firefighter-exam
Test registration deadline:
- March 15, 2018 for March 20th test
- June 20, 2018 for June 26th test
The City of Topeka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Firefighter Recruits – City of Dallas, TX
The City of Dallas is recruiting new applicants at dallasfirerescue.com.
- Forty-five (45) semester credit hrs. with a GPA of (C) 2.0 or greater from an regionally accredited College or University (excluding developmental courses) OR a minimum of four (4) years of active military service with the Armed Forces of the United States with an “honorable discharge”. (DD214 required)
- Must be at least eighteen years of age to apply but not have turned 36 by the date that you take the Civil Service written test.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Pass the Departments Candidate Physical Agility Test.
- Vision (20/40 in one eye & 20/100 in other eye correctable to 20/20 and 20/40)
- Satisfactory employment record.
- Free from use of controlled substances or excessive use of alcohol.
- Must not have been convicted of any serious crime and or have criminal charges pending.
- Paid Academy
- Insurance- Life, Health, Dental and Vision
- Pension Plan plus optional 401K and 457 plans
- Work approximately 10 days per month (shift)